Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Food, Footy and Flying


Chris and Oura came over to team up with Melch on the 3-person task of feeding me.  They opted for a hand-made three-cheese mushroom pasta dish, which was a bit of overkill for that task.  I could definitely live on kale smoothies and balance bars.  Perhaps they had motivations for raising their cooking game that had nothing to do with my preferences, that's a matter for their blog, not mine.

Three out of the four of us were hard at work.
The pasta stylings varied by practitioner.  We had raviolis, tortellinis, won-ton like things and stuff for which I'm not nearly sophisticated enough to know a name.


I wasn't going to leave the evening without at least a little of my touch, so naturally whisky was on hand as well.


After dinner even those who had consumed no whisky seemed to drive drunk anyhow.  Kannyn, daughter to our house mates Kris and Thi, had just obtained a self-propelled trike-like device.  Much to our amazement and glee, the rated weight for the machine was 200 lbs, which is more than any of us weigh.  Awaken, inner child!





I rode the trike as well, although for some strange reason there don't seem to be any photos...

The EuroCup tournament is under way, which means I've been joining some other European football fans in telecommuting from the kitchen. The group stage games have been okay, but generally going to seed. My hopes of an Ireland-Sweden final had already been dashed by the conclusion of the second group round. So it goes.
My laptop is the unmanned station on the right.

Later in the week it was over to Ra's where the cooking happens in the oven instead of the stove.  Ra was preparing another batch of racy lemon cookies for some affair or other and Melch was called in as an expert decorator.  No one called for me at all, but I decorated a cookie any way.  See if you can guess which one.  This week featured another Hello Kitty cake as well, with Oura joining the Melch-Ra team for that one.




I got a flight in on Saturday, went out over the harbor and back for some touch and go landings on the main runway at SBA.  I've now landed a plane 96 times.  Pictured below: campus point, the Mesa ("I can see my house from here...") and the harbor.


Chris joined me and Melch in some post-flight eats at Brummis, where we were treated to an unexpected operatic performance by a patron.  I kid you not.

Wie spät ist es?  Viertel nach Bier!

No comments:

Post a Comment