Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fun in and out of the sun

Hey there, long time no see.  Been busy.

Vadim had to head home, which meant sending him off right:


Playing munchkin at my place

Trip to Brummis

Vodka sendoff at RS


I also managed to regain my Dargan's mayorship!  Serious business, that.


I also recently went on my first solo cross-country.  The FAA says it's a "cross-country" flight if it's over 50nm.  Think cross country runner, not cross the entire country.  Anyway, my first target was the same airport that I went to with Vadim: L52 Oceano, just outside of Pismo Beach.

Back to Pismo
The second cross country followed just a week later, to Paso.

It was HOT.  Small craft don't have AC...
We do in fact have lakes in CA!

Another lake
We also visited Lauren and Doug for some sunset beer drinking at their new place off of Mission Canyon.  Nice digs!

In other news, we played frisbee on the beach,

Then went to the fish house for beer and food and art!

Then home for some SC2, where I finally made diamond!

Not pictured: my first night take-offs, my first rugby game, and who knows what else.  Good times!





No comments:

Post a Comment