Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dizz Knee Land (as a cripple!)

Sandra, a friend of ours and Chris Deutsch's girlfriend, was about to head back to Germany.  Before she went, we had to solve the problem of her never having been to Disneyland.

It would also be my first time spending the day in the park while on crutches.  That meant some hard miles on my palms, but also faster line transit.

The day went great.  The weather was good, the park wasn't (too) crowded and we got to see the parade, fireworks show and fantasmic.  Thanks to my injury, we were able to spend less time in line and ride most of the rides.  We missed out on Thunder Mountain as it was down for maintenance, but that's pretty much the only negative for the whole day.

I guess another might be my palms, which ended up with two big crutch blisters.  Not bad for a day of fun, and I suppose I could count it as a solid arm workout too!

Waiting for the bus into the park

Pooh's Adventure!

I have no idea what we're doing here!

Canoe rides down the river

Getting ready for Captain Eo

Party like it's 1986

Getting wet

Space mountain!

w00+

Ewok

No comments:

Post a Comment