Monday, July 1, 2013

The CA Relay

I ran the Ragnar relay from Huntington Beach to San Diego last year and had a blast.

I'd signed up to join my company in a similar relay up in the Bay Area this year, but my broken ankle tossed a wrench in the works.

I think though that if I were the type of person that let a silly broken ankle keep me from adventuring, I'd probably be the type of person who wouldn't have run the Ragnar race last year even while healthy.

So of course I went.

The beginning, when everyone's awake and no one is hurt and the van still smells like a van.
My ortho said "no running," so I volunteered to be the driver instead.  My trusty navigatress Melch and I would be crewing a 15 passenger van, piloting our runners from leg to leg, from food joint to food joint for the weekend.
Not my usual cockpit
Good times were had by all.

There are more photos on flickr.  There's a stop-motion video on youtube.  I'm tired just thinking about it, but you have fun looking at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment